A fire at a mansion in New Orleans believed to be owned by music stars Beyonce and Jay-Z is being investigated as possible arson.
The building went up in smoke on Wednesday evening in the Garden District of New Orleans, according to The Washington Post.
On Friday, a New Orleans Police Department spokesperson confirmed that officers received reports of a suspicious person near the $3 million (€2.55m) property.
UPDATE: NOPD confirms the fire at the home reportedly owned by Beyoncé and Jay-Z is being investigated as simple arson. PD received tip about suspicious person around the same time/ area as fire. @WGNOtv pic.twitter.com/3P4ThP4LeV— Chris Welty (@Chris_R_Welty) July 22, 2021
The city's fire department told news outlets that the property had been vacant for some time when it caught fire.
Twenty-two responders attended the scene and there were no reported injuries or evacuations.
A department spokesperson told The New York Post: "If they didn't get there when they did, it could have been much worse", adding "It’s a historic home."