Bon Jovi have announced that they have axed their summer tour due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In a statement posted to Twitter, the band, who played the RDS last year, said: ''Due to the ongoing global pandemic, it is no longer feasible for Bon Jovi to tour this summer. Given these difficult times, we have made the decision to cancel the tour entirely. 

"This will enable ticket holders to get refunds to help pay their bills or buy groceries. These are trying times. You've always been there for us and we'll always be there for you. 

"We look forward to seeing everyone again on tour when we can all safely be together. We will continue to send out news and updates on Bon Jovi touring in the weeks and months to come.''

Bon Jovi at Slane Castle 

The veteran band were due to kick off their North American tour in June with a show in Tacoma, Washington.

Bon Jovi have also delayed the release of their upcoming album Bon Jovi: 2020 due to the pandemic.

Speaking about the delay, frontman Jon Bon Jovi confirmed that the album will no longer be released on May 15.

''It's caused me to slow down," he said. ''We're always on a treadmill. It seems like we're always running to the next thing.

''In my case, I had a record coming out next month and a tour sold out and ready to go, and rehearsals booked and stages to build and on a dime it was gone. And it's fine. It's actually fine because it's giving me time to reconnect.''