Take That's Gary Barlow has said the group will not tour South America, Asia and Australia next year due to family illness, but the band's tour of Europe is set to go ahead.
In an interview with The Daily Mirror, Barlow said Take That will only perform in Europe so that he could be closer to home.
"We had a big ambition next year to do a world tour, but I have actually got an illness in my family and it means I am not going to travel for the next two years extensively," he explained. "So all the plans for South America and Australia that were coming off..."
Just for clarity re my instagram live last week - At the moment it’s going to be difficult to take our Odyssey tour to our fans in Australia, Asia and South America as hoped, but I can assure you our UK and European dates are 100% going ahead and have never been in question.— Gary Barlow (@GaryBarlow) December 22, 2018
Barlow paid tribute to his bandmates Howard Donald and Mark Owen for being "so very understanding".
"But I just have to be at home - I cannot leave," he continued.
"I didn't want people getting frustrated that we're not getting out there. I'm a little stuck at the moment, so please be understanding."
Barlow is planning to write a film next year with lyricist Tim Rice whose credits include the musicals Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita.
Former Take That member Robbie Williams said earlier this month that he will perform with the group again at some point in the future - and hopes another former member, Jason Orange, will join him.
"As long as we stay healthy, I'm sure there'll be another moment where we all get together," X Factor judge Williams told Magic Radio. Maybe we can coax Jason back, who knows?
"We shall have to see. But definitely, definitely in the future. We will all ride again. Next year when the boys are on tour, I'm on tour too."