Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been confirmed to be visiting Dublin next month on a two-day trip and are said to be "looking forward to learning more about Ireland's history".
It will be the couple's first official engagement here since they tied the knot at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle last month.
Kensington Palace announced the news on Tuesday morning, tweeting that the royal couple will be arriving in Dublin on July 10 and departing the next day.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Dublin, Ireland on 10th & 11th July 🇮🇪 The visit is at the request of Her Majesty’s Government. pic.twitter.com/sb8I3iJAOI— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) June 19, 2018
The palace's official Twitter account added that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are looking forward to experiencing Ireland's "rich culture", as well as meeting "people who are shaping the country's future".
They are looking forward to learning more about Ireland's history and experiencing its rich culture, as well as meeting the people who are shaping the country's future.— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) June 19, 2018
The couple tied the knot last month in a televised ceremony watched by millions around the world.
Commenting on the tourism potential of the visit to Ireland next month by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Niall Gibbons, CEO of Tourism Ireland, said: "The visit by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be a wonderful opportunity to showcase Dublin and Ireland to a huge audience of prospective holidaymakers across Britain and has the potential to deliver a major boost to Irish tourism.
"We expect a large media contingent will travel to Ireland to cover the visit, bringing the story to millions of people in Britain, and elsewhere around the world, and providing a truly unique opportunity to highlight Ireland as a wonderful holiday destination.
"Tourism Ireland will take every opportunity to exploit the tourism potential from the extensive publicity around the visit."