Elton John has told BBC Radio 2 that he has not as yet received an invitation to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
"We haven’t had an invitation yet," he said. "It’s rolling distance," he joked, referring to the closeness of his home to St George’s Chapel at London’s Windsor Castle where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will celebrate their nuptials.
John was asked about the matter after it was revealed 600 invitations had been sent last week. This also follows a report that the musician had cancelled concerts to allow for the possibility of performing at the royal wedding in the UK.
According to Metro, the singer's dates for Friday May 18 and Saturday May 19 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas have been cancelled. The royal wedding is scheduled to take place with all due pomp and ceremony at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday 19.
John attended the wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William in 2011 and performed his rewritten song Candle In The Wind (Goodbye England’s Rose) at Princess Diana’s funeral in 1997.