US singer Chris Brown has been cleared to leave the Philippines after a three-day delay in the capital Manila.

The stranded singer got down on his knees today to beg Filipino authorities to let him leave the country and resume his world tour in a desperate appeal.

The 26-year-old has been barred from leaving after a politically influential sect filed a fraud complaint, demanding a $1 million-plus refund after he skipped a New Year's Eve concert last year.

"Please, please, let us leave, please," Brown said in a video posted on his official Instagram account.

The post was later taken down.

Brown went down on his knees in what appeared to be his hotel room. He ended the plea with his signature backflip.

He also appeared to send a thinly-veiled distress signal to US President Barack Obama as he captioned the Instagram video post: "OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!"

He subsequently posted a new video on Twitter in which it appears he was preparing to fly out of the country on a private jet.

Ealier he had take to Twitter to plead that he had done nothing wrong.

Brown performed to a packed crowd at a Manila arena on Tuesday.

But he failed to show up on 31 December last year for another concert sponsored by the indigenous Christian group Iglesia ni Cristo at its mammoth 55,000-seater indoor stadium on Manila's outskirts.

He has reportedly said he lost his passport at the time so he could not travel.