The six Eurosong 2009 finalists, as chosen from the public competition, were announced today.
The jury, chaired by Eurovision winner Linda Martin, chose six songs from a selection of nearly 300 entries from both Ireland and abroad.
The six songs will be performed live on The Late Late Show Eurosong Special 2009 on Friday 20 February when the public will decide which song will represent Ireland at the Eurovision finals in Moskow in May.
The six final songs are:
1. 'Flying' performed by M.N.A. and composed by Ronan McCormack.
2. 'Out of Control' performed by Laura-Jayne Hunter and composed by Derry O’Donovan.
3. 'So What' performed by Lee Bradshaw and composed by Billy Larkin and Kevin Breathnach.
4. 'Amazing' performed by Johnny Brady and composed by Tony Adams Rosa.
5. 'I Wish I Could Pretend' performed by Kristina Zaharova and composed by Lauris Reinkiks.
6. 'Et Cetera' performed by Sinead Mulvery & Black Daisy, composed by Niall Mooney, Jonas Gladnikoff, Daniele Moretti and Christina Schilling.
The winner will be decided by 50% regional jury vote and 50% public televote and will be announced at the end of The Late Late Show Eurosong Special show.