Sylvester Stallone has said he received a number of death threats while filming the new Rambo movie. Watch an exclusive clip here.
The 61-year-old star said he received threats over the Burmese troubles, which are touched on in the film.
Stallone said: "Yes, got them all the time. It's a very dangerous part of the world. A lot of people do disappear and you know they didn't want this film to be made."
He continued: "The civil wars have been going on for 60 years and no one knows about it because they pay a fortune to keep it quiet."
Twenty years have passed since Rambo last appeared on the big screen, now Stallone has revived the franchise with this fourth instalment in which Vietnam veteran John Rambo is called back into action to rescue a group of Christian Aid workers held hostage by Burmese militia.
He said: "This is the greatest action film, mainly because it's a real story. As we are speaking people are being destroyed. Hopefully we can bring awareness to this."
The 18-certificate film is said to be the bloodiest Rambo yet. Stallone said: "War is a horrifying situation. If anyone's dropped into a war zone you come back damaged the rest of your life. The film has got a responsibility; if you're going to make a war let's show it the way it is."
Asked what the secret was to his fitness regime his answer was "fish, fish, fish".
The first Rambo film, 'First Blood', was released in 1982 with sequels in 1985 and 1988. Stallone has joked previously: "I feel like I'm 20 again - but with arthritis."
"I tried to ignore the scepticism about my age and just get on with making films. The stunts in 'Rambo' were pretty hard but I still did all but one of them myself," he said.
Stallone has admitted that the last Rambo film was a "crock of crap" and says the franchise is now returning to its roots.
'Rambo' is released in Irish cinemas on Friday 22 February.