Programme Date - MONDAY 28th JANUARY 2019
MURDER OF REECE CULLEN
Gardaí in Tallaght are appealing for information in relation to the murder of 16-year old Reece Cullen which occurred on Thursday the 5th of January 2017.
Reece and his friend were in a house in Kilclare Crescent when there was a knock on the front door. When Reece opened the door, he was fatally stabbed.
On the day of his murder Reece had attended Youth Reach in Tallaght. Afterwards, at around 2.30pm he walked from Dromcarra Avenue onto Dromcarra Grove and headed towards the Cloonmore Estate. At about 2.47pm Reece and a friend when to a shop at the junction of Bawnlea Avenue and Bawnlea Green. They then walked along Fortunestown Way before entering Kilclare Crescent, where Reece was murdered.
The murder took place in a residential area in the middle of the day and Gardaí believe that there are people in the local community with information that could help them in their investigation.
● This is a live and active investigation and while some progress has been made, including a number of arrests, more evidence is required to bring the perpetrator(s) to justice.
● With the passage of time or a change in circumstances, people who felt they could not come forward previously may now feel more comfortable in doing so. Gardaí assure that they will be treated sensitively.
● Gardaí are making a direct appeal to those who know who was involved in Reece's murder to please come forward.
MISSING PERSON: DYLAN KEOGH
Gardaí in Clontarf are investigating a missing person, 18-year Dylan Keogh. Dylan was last seen at 10.30pm on the Clontarf Road on Thursday the 10th of January last, and his family are extremely concerned for his safety.
Dylan had a black racer bicycle and a black puma bag with him, both of which have since been recovered in the Dollymount Beach area.
Dylan is described as being 5'8" in height, of slim build with dark shoulder length hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a navy "onesie" black runners and a blue bandana on his head.
● To any person who may have seen Dylan since the 10th of January.
● To anyone who saw Dylan's bicycle and/or bag on Dollymount Beach.
● To anyone who who has any information about where Dylan might be.
AGGRAVATED BURGLARY: SLIGO
Gardaí in Sligo are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred at Drumiskoble, Ballisodare, Co Sligo, on Sunday 21st October 2018.
The victim is in his 80s. He had spent the day attending mass, and visiting family. He retired to bed shortly before 10pm. Sometime later he was woken by three masked men standing over him. They were aggressive and threatening in their manner.
The suspects locked the man in the bathroom where he stayed overnight and was discovered the following morning by a visitor.
The three suspects are described as 5'7" in height, dark hair, slim build and approximately 29 years of age. They were wearing dark clothing and had local accents.
● Gardai are appealing to anyone who travelled on the road from Sligo to Ballisodare/Collooney, or the on the road from Carraroe to Ballygawely/Keadue between 9pm of the 21st of October and 7am the following morning, and who saw anything suspicious to come forward.
● In the weeks before the incident, and on the night in question - if anyone saw anything suspicious in the Ballisodare area to come forward.
● GardaÍ are appealing to the person who was seen standing on the side of the road near the victims house at around 11pm on the 20th of October to come forward.
MISSING PERSON: TONY LYNCH
GardaÍ; at Clones are appealing for information in relation to missing person Tony Lynch. Tony went missing from his home in Clones, Co. Monaghan on Sunday the 6th of January 2002. He was last seen at 2pm on that date walking down Fermanagh St, Clones.
Tony was working in Cavan at the time, and when he failed to turn up for work his family became concerned. He was reported missing on the 9th of January 2002.
Tony was 54-years old when he went missing. He's a father of four and was originally from Magheraveely, Co. Fermanagh. His family are very concerned for his well being and are appealing for anyone with any information about Tony to come forward.
Back in 2002 Tony was driving a white Mitsubishi Galant registration number TIL 4670. This car has never been recovered.
At the time of his disappearance Tony was around 15 stone in weight. He had a receding hairline turning grey, and a ruddy complexion. He would now be 70-years of age, and with the passage of time his appearance will have changed.
● Gardaí are appealing for information about the whereabouts of Tony's car, a white Mitsubishi Galant registration number TIL 4670.
● Tony is proficient in the heavy use of machinery. Gardaí are interested to know if anyone in the construction industry employed anyone matching Tony's description since 2002.
● Gardaí are appealing to anyone who encountered a man matching Tony's description since 2002 to come forward.
AGGRAVATED BURGLARY: PALMERSTOWN
Gardaí in Lucan are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred in the Woodfarm Acres Estate in Palmerstown. The victim, who is a taxi driver, left his home to go to work at 7.30pm on the night of Friday the 2nd of November 2018. A short time later he realised that he had left his phone at home and began to make his way back to his house. His wife and children were upstairs at the time.
At around 8.20pm a dark coloured Toyota Avensis, pulled up and parked on the opposite side of the road to the victims house. There were four men in the car, three of whom got out of the car and entered the victim's house.
While the suspects were ransacking the house, the taxi driver arrived home. As he stepped inside the front door he was grabbed and threatened with a knife. Another suspect had a hammer. The victim’s wife and children were still asleep upstairs unaware of what was going on.
Moments later all three suspects fled the scene and got into the Toyota Avensis. When the car drove off one of the suspects sat in the boot with it open. The car drove off in the direction of Kennelsfort Road. The suspects took a laptop and some cash.
All three suspects were wearing dark clothing and had their hoods up. The suspect who had the knife was described as having brown hair, thin build and gaunt looking. The suspect with the hammer was approximately 5"10' in height.
● To anyone who may have seen a dark coloured Toyota Avensis in the Palmerstown area on the 2nd of November last.
● To anyone who may have seen a Toyota Avensis driving in the area with the car boot open and a man sitting in the boot.
● To anyone who may have been in the Woodfarm Acres estate in Palmerstown on Friday the 2nd of November and that noticed anything suspicious.