Super Garden is on the hunt for budding designers and gardens in need of a makeover for new series.
Are you a budding garden designer? Or do you have a garden in need of a facelift? Super Garden on RTÉ One is gearing up for a tenth series and looking for you to take part. Super Garden is on the hunt for budding designers and gardens in need of a makeover for this years new series.
Whether you’re a start-up landscaper, amateur gardener, horticulture student or recent graduate, Super Garden is your opportunity to showcase your green-fingered talent on prime-time television. The five designers chosen for the series will also be in with a chance to feature amongst the top designers in Ireland at Bloom 2018, where the winning garden will be exhibited for over 100,000 visitors to enjoy.
If you’re passionate about garden design and think you can create a Super Garden worthy of a spot at Bloom, apply today by logging on to rte.ie/supergarden or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The five designers selected for the show will be given similar size gardens to work with but each will have a very different brief. They will have five weeks to design and build a Super Garden which meets the homeowner’s requirements and is worthy of a show garden spot at Bloom 2018.
Home Owner Application
If you have a garden in need of transformation and don’t know where to start, why not apply for a makeover and give your patch of grass the Super Garden treatment. Click the link below or email email@example.com for an application form.
Super Garden, in association with Woodie’s, Cuprinol and Bloom by Bord Bia, follows five emerging garden designers as they transform real gardens and compete for the prestigious honour of having their design recreated at Bloom by Bord Bia, Ireland’s premier garden festival.
You can apply at the links provided below:
Designer Candidates can click on the following link to apply for this Callout :
Designer Application Form
Homeowners application process click below.
Home Owner Application
For further information contact Andrew at Vision Independent Productions on 01 864 1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloom by Bord Bia - 31st May – 4th June 2018
Bloom is Ireland’s largest gardening, horticulture, food and family festival. Bloom 2018 will see the event celebrating its 12th anniversary and attendance figures continue to grow with last year’s festival attracting almost 115,000 visitors.
Super Garden success at Bloom
Previous winners of Super Garden have gone on to win medals at Bloom and to build highly successful careers, last year Des Kingston was awarded a Silver Medal for his Garden, he called his design Rustica Hibernia or Rural Ireland.
In 2016 Super Garden winner, Alexandra Hollingsworth, was also awarded a Silver medal for her ‘Glasnevin to Granada’ garden. 2015 Super Garden winner Brian Burke is now a two-time Bloom medallist, having been awarded Silver Gilt for his Super Garden design in 2015, and Silver for his 2016 Damascus Courtyard – War and Peace garden for Goal. 2012 winner and now Super Garden judge, Leonie Cornelius is one of Ireland’s best-known garden writers and designers. She has gone on to win multiple gold and silver-gilt show garden medals, since her Gold Medal and Best in Show award for her Super Garden design at Bloom 2012.
Terms & conditions for Garden Designers Applications
- The competition is open to anyone in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, aged 18 or over.
- Entrants must complete an application form.
- Closing date for entries is 1st of March 2018. Entries after this deadline may be accepted but only at the discretion of the Series Producer.
- The winner will be announced and a schedule of assignments confirmed for Bloom by Bord Biagarden festival.
- The Production Company, Vision Independent Productions will oversee all expenditure.
- Any decision made by Vision Independent Productions is final. Terms & conditions for Garden Owner Applications
- This is a nationwide callout for gardens in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- The cost of the garden design is covered by the production.
- If engaged the garden–owner will be required to sign a ‘Location and Contribution Agreement’. This grants production access and permission to film the process of the garden being ‘made over’.
- The nature of this programme involves the designers having full autonomy on the design and creation of the garden allocated to them. The designer will make changes, additions and alterations to the garden in accordance with their garden plan/design. No reinstatements will be made to the completed garden when the design has been completed.
- Not all gardens will be suitable. Any decision made by Vision Independent Productions is final.
- Closing date for applications is 23rd of February for designers & March 1st for Homeowners. Due to the high volume of applications it may not be possible for a member of production to be in touch with every applicant.