By Micil Glennon at Dalymount Park

Bohemians missed the chance to leapfrog Cork City in the Airtricity League Premier Division after a 2-1 defeat at Dalymount Park.

Colin Healy's own goal had put the Gypsies in front on 35 minutes but Denis Behan's penalty levelled matters before half-time.

The home will wonder how they failed to score as they dominated the second half but it was Cork's Danny Morrissey who struck nine minutes from time to ensure the Leesiders left with all three points.

Bohs boss Aaron Callaghan made three changes to the side beaten by UCD on Tuesday with Karl Moore, Stephen Traynor and Dave Scully in for Keith Buckley, Dwayne Wilson and Roberto Lopes.

Tommy Dunne was without the suspended Darren Dennehy, while Dan Murray was unavailable. John Dunleavy and Kalen Spillane formed the centre-back partnership.

Cork, arriving in Dublin on the back of defeat to Limerick, had the first chance of the match with Behan testing Dean Delany in the home goal before Chris Lyons shot into the side netting for Bohs from the counter-attack.

Moments later Karl Moore picked out the run of Ryan McEvoy but the ex-Longford man glanced wide.

Right-back Derek Pender was next up to try his luck and his cleanly-struck drive forced a save from Mark McNulty in the City goal.

Midway through the half, with the game plodding along at a low tempo, the Dublin side had what looked like a reasonable shout for a penalty.

Owen Heary's close-range header appeared to strike the outstretched arms of Cork captain Healy but referee Paul Tuite was not interested.

The visitors were struggling to make any impression in the final third, even with Danny Murphy sending in a spate of crosses from the left wing.

Indeed, with neither side offering much to this point, the biggest cheer was reserved for a cameo appearance from a young ball-boy who threw the ball away as Cork defender Murphy waited to take a throw-in.

But the game did burst into life with ten minutes left in the half.

Cork stalwart Healy, attempting to intercept Traynor's corner, volleyed spectacularly into the top corner of his own goal from six yards.

However, the Phibsboro side couldn't hold on to the advantage, and Gearoid Morrissey fired just wide moments before being fouled in the box by Bohs skipper Heary in the 40th minute.

This time the referee had no hesitation, pointing to the spot to no complaints from any of the home players.

Behan stepped up and smashed the ball past Delany and the sides went in level at the break.

The Dalymount side, who were playing their first home game in four and having picked up just two points in those games, started the second half on the attack with left-wing Andy Mulligan firing in some troublesome centres along the heavily sanded surface.

McNulty was called into action twice in the space of a minute as Traynor and Dave Mulcahy saw efforts from outside the box stopped by the custodian.

At this stage, 15 minutes into the half and with the sun having disappeared behind the Des Kelly Stand, it was the home side applying all the pressure.

The Rebel Army's frontman Behan was forced to feed off the scraps of hoofed clearances and could make no impression.

The Munster men's goal was soon under siege again. McNulty saved brilliantly from Scully before Spillane cleared another cross off the line, and it seemed like only a matter of time before a goal came.

However, it was the visitors who struck the fatal blow.

From a quick counter in the 81st minute, City took a thoroughly undeserved lead.

Gearoid Morrissey strode down the left flank and his cross found namesake Danny Morrissey who stabbed home from four yards out, 2-1 to Cork.

Bohs tried desperately to find an equaliser but Cork held out to secure their second 2-1 win of the season over the Gypsies and moved level on 16 points with Drogheda United and Shamrock Rovers, both in action in the Setanta Cup final tomorrow.

Bohemians: Dean Delany (Greg Murray 64); Derek Pender, Luke Byrne, Owen Heary (c), David Mulcahy; Andy Mulligan, Stephen Traynor (Michael Barker 82), Karl Moore (Kevin Devaney 82), Chris Lyons; Ryan McEvoy, Dave Scully.

Subs not used: Darragh Reynor, Roberto Lopes, Dwayne Wilson, Kevin O'Leary.

Cork City: Mark McNulty; Danny Murphy, John Dunleavy (Garry Buckley 88), Kalen Spillane,; Shane Duggan, Colin Healy (c), Gearoid Morrissey, Daryl Horgan (Ian Turner 65), Danny Morrissey, Neal Horgan, Denis Behan (Daryl Kavanagh 74).

Subs not used: Kevin Burns, Adam Rundle, Danny Furlong, Stephen Kenny.

Referee: Paul Tuite.

Highlights and analysis of all the weekend’s action on MNS from 7pm on Monday 13 May on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (Worldwide).