A 17-year-old Bournemouth fan has been banned from attending football matches for three years after pleading guilty to chanting racist abuse.
The club have also issued a lifetime ban for the supporter. In addition to these punishments he was fined £55 (€65) plus a £21 (€25) surcharge.
The Metropolitan Police said that the teenager, who cannot be named, pleaded guilty to indecent/racial chanting during a football match between Tottenham and Bournemouth on 30 November last year when he appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.
Inspector Matt Ashmead from the Met's public order investigation team said: "We take all reports of racism very seriously and as this case demonstrates, will take robust action against those who are found to have committed these kinds of crimes during football matches.
"The vast majority of fans obey the law and neither they nor the players should have to listen to any kind of abuse.
"We are committed to working closely with clubs to identify anyone acting against the law and would ask anyone who sees or hears this type of behaviour to come forward to stewards or police."
Bournemouth added in a statement: "AFC Bournemouth welcome the court's decision to impose a three-year football banning order on a person present in the visiting section, following an incident at our fixture at Tottenham Hotspur last November.
"In addition to the court-imposed football banning order, this member of the public - who we refuse to acknowledge as a supporter - will also receive a lifetime ban from AFC Bournemouth."