Bohemian FC dropped their first points of the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division campaign tonight following a scoreless draw with Waterford FC on a miserably wet and windy evening at the RSC.

Keith Long's side came into the game without having conceded a goal this season and, despite earning another clean sheet, the Gypsies couldn't find a goal in an even contest that gave the Blues their first home point of the season.

Bohs stay top with 10 points from four games.

Long stuck to the starting 11 who humbled Shamrock Rovers on Monday night while there were four changes for the home side after their loss at the Brandywell.

New signing Georgie Poynton was given a home debut while Brighton and Hove Albion loanee Hugo Keto replaced Matthew Connor between the sticks.

The sides were evenly matched throughout the first half and the closest they both came to scoring stemmed from lapses in concentration.

Cory Galvin had the game's first shot when his curling right-footed effort was straight at James Talbot while Keith Buckley dragged the Gypsies first attempt low and wide from outside the box.

Zach Elbouzedi's pace was causing the visitors some trouble down the right wing although his final delivery was lacking substance while Danny Mandroiu was covertly drifting into menacing positions between the lines, beautifully playing in Keith Ward only for the wide man to stutter.

Seconds after Damien Delaney's last-ditch tackle prevented Mandroiu from slicing through the home side's defence, Talbot, fearing Robert Hennessy calling a backpass, used his feet to stop Derek Pender's difficult clearance from finding the Bohemians net.

On the half-hour mark, JJ Lunney was caught dwelling on the ball in midfield by Dinny Corcoran. He slid in Ali Reghba but the substitute failed to even hit the target with only the keeper to beat.

Elbouzedi and Ward both failed to test the keepers from distance with mirrored efforts before the first half concluded and the teams continued to cancel each other out after the break.

Keto bravely denied Mandroiu as the forward held off Kenny Browne when running through before the Blues hit a purple patch on the hour mark.

Talbot somehow denied Browne after Poynton's corner and Lunney and Twine both hit the target from distance in the minutes afterwards although neither truly tested the netminder.

In truth, neither side had the guile to carve out a significant chance for a winner as the game entered the final stages.

A Rory Feely header was tipped over the crossbar for the home side before Mandroiu showcased the hips of an Argentinian tango dancer to create space for another fruitless shot.

The closest either side came to bagging the three points came when Keto failed to fist a corner to safety but Rob Cornwall's effort was deflected wide with ten minutes remaining.

Waterford FC: Hugo Keto; Rory Feely, Kenny Browne, Damien Delaney (C), Georgie Poynton; JJ Lunney, Shane Duggan; Zach Elbouzedi, Bastien Hery (Chvedukas, 70), Corey Galvin (Twine, 45); Ismahil Akinade (Drinan, 78).

Bohemian FC: James Talbot; Derek Pender, Rob Cornwall, James Finnerty, Darragh Leahy; Luke Wade-Slater (Reghba, 26), Keith Buckley, Conor Levingston, Keith Ward (Swan, 71); Danny Mandroiu; Corcoran.

Referee: Robert Hennessy

Attendance: 2,415