Jason Hughes salvaged a point for Limerick with a stoppage-time equaliser to earn his side a 1-1 draw at the UCD Bowl.

Trailing to a Tomas Boyle header early in the second half, Limerick pressed frantically late on and got their reward two minutes into added time.

Skipper Shane Duggan’s low cross wasn’t cleared by the UCD defence and midfielder Hughes drilled to the corner of the net.

Central defender Boyle struck for UCD’s lead ten minutes into the second half.

Home captain Robbie Benson floated in a free-kick from the right and Boyle rose to get his head to the ball and loop it past Barry Ryan.

Scarcely a minute later College keeper Conor O’Donnell got down smartly to parry away a stinging low drive from Limerick striker Craig Curran.

Substitute Curran thought he'd levelled following a scramble on 84 minutes but it was ruled out for an offside.

Buoyed by the confidence of two successive wins, UCD started well, carving the first opening on seven minutes.

Cillian Morrison did well to release full-back Michael Barker on the right and his deep cross saw Dean Clarke’s downward header bring a fine one-handed save from Ryan.

Clarke was closer still ten minutes later when his flicked header from Benson’s free-kick came back off a post.

Limerick gradually played their way into the game, with Shane Tracy shooting over the top from distant after a fine passing move just past the half hour.

Minutes later, Duggan was also off target with a first-time volley following a poor clearance from Tracy’s free-kick from the left.

UCD: Conor O'Donnell; Michael Barker (Gareth Matthews 87), Hugh Douglas, Tomas Boyle, Mark Langtry; Chris Mulhall, Robbie Benson, Robbie Creevy, Ayman Ben Mohamad (Clin Crowe 60); Dean Clarke, Cillian Morrison (Dwayne Wilson 89).

Limerick: Barry Ryan; Patrick Nzuzi, Stephen Folan, Sami Oji, Robbie Williams; Shane Tracy, Prince Agyemang (Craig Curran 52), Shane Duggan, James McGrath (Tam McManus 78); Jason Hughes, Rory Gaffney.

Referee: Dave McKeon (Dublin).