Raheny United will remain top of the Bus Éireann Women’s National League for at least another week after coming from two goals behind at home to fellow title chasers Peamount United to draw 2-2 at Morton Stadium.

Two Aine O’Gorman goals in as many minutes ten minutes before the break gave the visitors a 2-0 lead.

However, for the second week in a row, Raheny United sharpshooter Clare Shine rescued her side by striking a brace of goals.

Shine’s first came at an ideal time just two minutes before the interval, giving the reigning champions real hope of a second-half equaliser.

As the second half progressed and there was no sign of the vital second goal, Peamount perhaps thought they had secured the three precious points.

But, as all good teams do, Raheny bounced back and an 80th-minute goal of the season contender from Shine meant the rivals would be sharing the spoils on this occasion.

Just a single point separated Castlebar Celtic and Wexford Youths further down the table as the games kicked off today, and that remains the case tonight after the sides battled out a 2-2 draw in Celtic Park.

Castlebar could have taken an early lead when Sarah Rowe got on the end of an Emma Mullin through ball, but Rowe placed her effort the wrong side of the post.

Edel Kennedy gave Youths a 1-0 lead against the run of play as the clock struck the half-hour mark.

Kennedy show-cased some brilliant control of the ball in the box to beat two opponents before topping the move off with a low finish into the net.

The visitors doubled their lead a minute later with a goal courtesy of Rachel Hutchinson who beat Celtic’s goalkeeper Rachel King with a long-range strike.

Castlebar were given a lifeline before the break when Lauren Dwyer rather unfortunately put the ball in her own net.

Nicole Fowley pounced on a loose ball in the area after Emma Hanberry’s free was saved by goalkeeper Kelly, and her resulting cross was deflected in by Dwyer.

Youths took that 2-1 lead into the break, but it only lasted 20 minutes after the restart as Emma Mullin equalised for the hosts. Mullin was quickest onto a Sarah Rowe through ball and she rattled the net with a fine volley to earn her side a point.

Elsewhere, DLR Waves moved up to third place on the table with a 4-0 win over a struggling Cork side who are yet to put a point beside their name on the league table.

The game was goalless at the interval, but Cork opened up in the second half and allowed the hosts to excel.

An Aisling Byrne brace and two late Orlagh Nolan penalties were enough to see out the visitors, who were reduced to ten players after the sending off of Angie Carry late on for two bookable offences.

Galway WFC had a comfortable 3-1 victory over Shamrock Rovers in Eamonn Deacy Park.

Galway took a 2-0 lead in the opening half an hour, with goals coming from a Sinead Taylor penalty and a powerful Lynsey McKey strike.

Rovers pulled one back on the stroke of half-time when Laura Traynor lobbed Galway goalkeeper Melissa Casserly from the edge of the box.

The visitors had plenty of second half chances, but Casserly was in fine form between the sticks for Galway, denying Laura Chambers on two occasions as time was running out.

Despite all the Rovers pressure, Sinead Taylor wrapped things up for the hosts on the hour mark with a counter-attacking goal after Casserly denied Ciara Smith a coveted equaliser.


Castlebar Celtic 2-2 Wexford Youths Women's AFC
DLR Waves 4-0 Cork Women’s FC
Galway WFC 3-1 Shamrock Rovers Women’s
Raheny United 2-2 Peamount United