A fine second performance gave Cork City an Airtricity League Premier Division 2-1 comeback win in front of 2,764 fans at Turner'ss Cross. 

Owen Heary had headed Bohemians into a half time lead with his 41st-minute effort.

But Cork came out with all guns blazing and equalised through a Danny Furlong shot in the 50th minute.

The Leesiders struck the front just before the the hour, the outstanding Daryl Horgan shooting to the bottom corner of Dean Delany's net for the winning goal.

Both these clubs have had bright openings to the new season. Cork are already through to the Setanta Cup semi-finals after victories over Cliftonville and Crusaders.

Tommy Dunne's side also drew their opening league game in the scoreless draw with Limerick in the live televised match from Thomond Park last Sunday.

Bohemians had recorded two wins in the first week of their season.

Both matches against UCD, 2-1 in the league opener and then they defeated the Students again in the EA Sports Cup after extra time last Monday night.

Both those matches were played in Dalymount Park and manager Aaron Callaghan made one change to the side that won last Friday Karl Moore came into the side for Darragh Hanaphy.

There was a fine atmosphere created by both sets of fans in the 2,764 crowd at the Leesiders first home league game of the season. 

Both sides played good open football on a fine night with Cork's crisp passing game trying to open up the visitors defence, in which skipper Owen Heary was leading his team well.

He then scored the opening goal on 41 minutes. A well struck corner kick from Ryan McEvoy was glanced by Heary with his head past Mark McNulty at the near post.

Cork were level in the 50th minute as they came out in very determined fashion after the break. Daryl Kavanagh set up Danny Furlong and the former Wexford striker side footed the ball past Dean Delany from ten yards. 

Tommy Dunne's side were now peppering shots at the visitors goal and it was no surprise when they hit the front on 58 minutes.

The in-form Daryl Horgan found space in the penalty area and sent a low shot to the bottom corner of the Bohemians net.

Cork might have scored again,when a shot from Furlong rattled the crossbar with Delany beaten. 

But Cork who failed to beat Bohemians in three league games last season now have four points from their opening two league games.

CORK: McNulty; Murphy, D Murray, K Murray, N Horgan; D Horgan (Rundle 92) C Healy, Duggan, Morrissey; Furlong (Turner 85), Kavanagh.

BOHEMIANS: Dean Delany; Derek Pender, Owen Heary, Roberto Lopes; Keith Buckley, Stephen Traynor (Scully 70), Ryan McEvoy, Kevin Devaney; Chris Lyons (Hanaphy 81), Karl Moore (Nangle 63).

Referee. Pauric Sutton(Clare).