Peamount Utd came back from the disappointment of losing last weekend’s Bus Éireann National Women's League top of the table clash against Raheny by scoring 13 goals without reply at home against Castlebar Celtic.

The result put Peamount back on top of the table on goal difference as Raheny only managed a 1-1 draw against Wexford Youths.

Elsewhere, Shamrock Rovers came back down to earth after their first victory last weekend losing by two goals in Cork.

The meeting of Peamount and Castlebar pitted the league’s top two goalscorers against each other and it was a surprise to many just how one sided the game was.

Stephanie Roche was the first on the score sheet after only 10 minutes. Jenny Critchley made it 2-0 four minutes later and the writing was on the wall for Castlebar. Peamount had a five goal lead by half time thanks to a hatt-rick from Roche and a goal from Sara Lawlor to add to Critchley’s.

Things got worse for the Mayo women in the second half as Roche added another hattrick along with another goal from Sara Lawlor and 1 each from Kinsella, Murray and Byrne to round off a devastating performance from the Peamount women.

Raheny went into round 10 on top of the table after last week’s brilliant win and were anxious to keep up their momentum against Wexford Youths.

Everything looked to be going according to plan as Siobhan Killeen scored her team’s first after 28 minutes but they could not find a second goal to make things comfortable.

Wexford Youths absorbed the pressure from Raheny and were able to score on the break in the 77th minute through Linda Douglas to record a surprise draw.

Shamrock Rovers went to Cork hoping to build on their victorious performance last weekend but Cork were in confident mood themselves.

Denise O’Sullivan signalled her intent early on but her shot was well saved by Sarah Devlin in the Rovers goal. O’Sullivan was not to be denied and the Irish international striker made no mistake two minutes before half time steering the ball home following a good cross from Claudia Hudner.

Rovers pushed hard for an equaliser in the second half and could well have had one but for a great save from Emma Budden to deny Rachel Jenkins.

Substitute Lynsey McKey wrapped up the points for Cork when she sent a great shot past Sara Devlin to make it 2-0 with only two minutes left.