The Cork Premier SFC is to be delayed after confirmation of a positive covid-19 test result for a member of the Ballincollig club earlier this week.
They were due to take on Nemo Rangers Rangers in the county quarter-final this Sunday, but a meeting of the Cork CCC today announced that the game will now not take place.
The other three quarter-finals are set to get ahead as planned, but there will be a knock-on effect for the rest of the competition, with the semi-final and final originally planned to run on concurrent weekends up to the 3/4 October.
No new date for the fixture has not been confirmed, and it seems unlikely that the original schedule can be met for the concluding stages of the competition.
Following a CCC meeting this morning to consider the implications of the positive Covid-19 test in Ballincollig, @NemoRangersGAA vs @BallincolligGAA has been postponed until further notice.— Cork GAA (@OfficialCorkGAA) September 17, 2020
All other games this weekend will progress as scheduled.
The impact of the fixture change is also likely to reduce the amount of time Cork manager Ronan McCarthy, has with certain players before they face a Munster opener against defending champions Kerry on 8 November.
They also have two Allianz League fixtures to fulfil against Louth and Longford, with just a point needed between those games to confirm their swift return to Division 2.