In the Donegal SFC, Gaoth Dobhair flexed their muscle in easing past Four Masters in Donegal Town. Goals from Kevin Cassidy and Odhran MacNiallais set them on their way to a comfortable 2-17 to 0-07 success.

The second game of the day was a much closer affair, with Dungloe rallying with three late points, only to be pipped at the end by St Naul's, 1-14 to 1-13.

It was also tight at Páirc Sheain Mhic Cumhaill, where the hosts were able to hold on in the final eight minutes to beat Ardara 1-10 to 1-09.

All-Ireland champions Corofin sent out a serious warning in Galway with a demolition of Oughterard, where a second-half goal spree lead to an incredible 27-point winning margin. 

Oughterard goalkeeper Jordan Waller is beaten for a goal by Corofin's Dylan Wall 

Dylan Wall goaled in the fifth minute for the favourites, and with Kieran Molly black carded early on, Oughterard played their way back into the contest. However they spurned a few scoring chances, including an excellent goal opportunity, and a Mike Farragher goal shortly before the break saw the holders lead 2-08 to 0-07. 

Upon the resumption however it was one-way traffic, with Wall, Matthew Cooley, Michael Lundy and Darragh Silke (2) among the goals to complete a scarcely believable scoreline of 7-17 to 0-11.

2006 All-Ireland champions Salthill/Knocknacarra were also big winners, as they beat St Michael's by 3-13 to 0-10 in the later game at Pearse Stadium.

A scoring burst before half-time saw the city side take a six point lead into the break, and goals from Rob Walzer and John Maher put the game to bed thereafter.

The other clash in the west was much closer, as Mountbellew-Moylough emerged two point winners over Annaghdown, by 1-7 to 0-08.

In Kildare, St. Laurence's made the early running in the early game St Conleth's Park and led six points to four after quarter of an hour. 10 minutes level and the sides were level, but St Laurence’s finished the half strong to lead on a scoreline of 0-10 to 0-07.

Twice in a cagier second half Easdestown brought it to within one point, but in a St Laurence’s always kept in front and ran out 0-14 to 0-12 

The second game at the venue was a much different affair, with Clane demolishing Monasterevan 3-17 to 0-02.

The writing was on the wall from the very start and it took Clane just six minutes for their first goal of the afternoon and led at the break 3-09 to 0-1. The victors didn't maintain quite the same level of scoring, but claimed the spoils on a 3-17 to 0-02 scoreline.

While the late game of the day saw Sarsfields emerge with a big win over Johnstownbridge at St Conleth's Park.

Shane O'Rourke of Simonstown Gaels in action against Skryne's Ciaran Lenehan

Aidan Orme shone as Knockmore beat Claremorris by 0-19 to 0-10 in the Mayo SFC, while Ballina Stephenites overcame 13-man Kiltane by 3-11 to 1-05.

Conor McStay, Tommy Conroy and Simon Leonard scored the goals for the winners, while Keith Tighe and Padraig O'Hora were the players to receive their marching orders for Kiltane.

In Group 4, Westport held on to record a one point victory against Breaffy - the gap had been six points at one stage in the second-half.

A Mark Gardiner goal gave Simonstown Gaels the breathing space they needed to see off Skryne by 1-14 to 0-11 points in Meath.

There had been just two points between the sides with six minutes to go, but the three-pointer proved decisive.

Carrickmacross managed a first championship victory against Monaghan's most successful senior club, Castleblaney, on a scoreline of 1-12 to 0-08 at Emmet Park.

There was a bizarre incident in the first-half, as the match resumed after a water break without both teams on the pitch. While the Cross players were ready, the Faughs were late getting back on the field, despite being asked on more than one occasions to do so by referee David Hurson.

The result leaves Castleblaney in a relegation battle.

It was a historic day for Carrickmacross

In Roscommon, Western Gaels converted a four-point half-time lead into a 0-18 to 0-10 victory against Fuerty at a wet Dr Hyde Park.

Defending champions Pádraig Pearses picked up a first win of the campaign, beating Michael Glaveys by three points. 

Conor Griffin's goal helped Calry/St.Joseph's to a 1-08 to 0-09 triumph over Geevagh in Sligo.

The major arrived in the opening quarter, and helped Joseph's to a four-point lead at the break, and they were able to hold on to make it two wins from two against last year's Intermediate champions.

Goals were also crucial for Tubbercurry, who overcame Eastern Harps by 2-15 to 0-15. One arrived in each half, from Dermot Walsh and Rory Ryan.

In Tipperary, a good start helped Ardfinnan beat Ballyporeen on a scoreline of 1-13 to 1-8 in Group 1.

Kuba Behan was the hero as he kicked two late frees to help JK Brackens earn an 0-11 points apiece draw with Kilsheelan/Kilcash in Group 2.

In Group 4, Moyle Rovers were comfortable winners over Moycarkey/Borris by 2-17 to 1-5.

While the last club game of the day anywhere in the country was played in Group 3 at New Inn, where Clonmel Commercials beat Galtee Rovers by 1-16 to 0-06.

In Antrim, Creggan had yet to register a score by time St Mary's picked off five of their own, but reeled off the last four points of the first-half to leave the bare minimum between the sides. A goal mid-way through the second half for Creggan swung the Group 1 clash in their favour and in the end they ran out 1-10 to 0-08 winners. 

In a tempestuous encounter that saw three men sent off (two for Lamh Dhearg and one for O'Donovan Rossa), it was visitors Lamh Dhearg that emerged victorious. 

In Group 4, Naomh Gall and St Enda's played out an absorbing encounter that was level at half-time and with 60 minutes up on the clock.The sides were level on four occasions over the course of a tight first-half, deadlocked on 0-05 a piece at the interval. A Naomh Gall goal three minutes after the resumption looked to be decisive as mid-way through the half they led by five, but St Enda's raised a green flag of their own and with a minute to play the sides were level yet again. 

The momentum was firmly with St Enda's and they picked off the final two scores to run out 1-10 to 1-08 victors, while Cargin enjoyed a three-point win over St Brigid's.

Derry champions Magherafelt started the defence of their title against Ballinderry with a 1-11 to 0-06 victory - Peter Quinn scored their goal.

In Cavan, there were first round victories for Lavey, Mullahoran and Ramor United, while in Westmeath, Garrycastle beat Athlone by 0-17 to 2-7 at Tubberclair.


Antrim SFC

Creggan 1-10 St Mary's 0-08 

Cargin 1-09 St Brigids 1-06

O'Donovan Rossa 1-09 Lamh Dhearg 2-09

St Mary's Aghagallon v St James 

Naomh Gall 1-08 St Enda's 1-10

Cavan SFC

Crosserlough 0-7 Lavey 1-14

Gowna 1-11 Ramor United 2-11

Mullahoran 3-15 Laragh Utd 0-09

Derry SFC

Magherafelt 1-11 Ballinderry 0-6 

Donegal SFC

Four Masters 0-07 Gaoth Dobhair 2-17 

St Nauls 1-14 Dungloe 1-13

Sean MacCumhaills 1-10 v Ardara 1-09

Galway SFC

Corofin 7-17 Oughterard 0-11.

Mountbellew-Moylough 1-7 Annaghdown 0-8

Salthill-Knocknacarra 3-13 St Michael's 0-10

Kildare SFC

St Laurence's 0-14 Eadestown 0-12 

Clane 3-17 Monasterevan 0-02 

Sarsfields 2-17 Johnstownbridge 0-10

Mayo SFC

Ballina Stephenites 3-11 Kiltane 1-05

Knockmore 0-19 Claremorris 0-10

Westport 2-11 Breaffy 0-16

Meath SFC

Simonstown Gaels 1-14 Skryne 0-11

Monaghan SFC

Carrickmacross 1-12 Castleblaney 0-08

Roscommon SFC

Michael Glaveys 0-08 Pádraig Pearses 0-14

Western Gaels 0-18 Fuerty 0-10

Sligo SFC

Calry/St.Joseph's 1-08 Geevagh 0-09

Tubbercurry 2-15 Eastern Harps 0-15

Tipperary SFC

Ardfinnan 1-13 Ballyporeen 1-8

Clonmel Commercials 1-16 Galtee Rovers 0-06

JK Brackens 0-11 Kilsheelan/Kilcash 0-11

Moyle Rovers 2-17 Moycarkey/Borris 1-5

Westmeath SFC

Garrycastle 0-17 Athlone by 2-7


2006 All-Ireland champions Newtownshandrum scored 11 points without reply in the final quarter of their Cork SHC clash with Bishopstown to turn a 1-15 to 0-10 defecit into a three-point victory. 

Lorcán McLoughlin's tally of 1-04 helped Kanturk get the better of Cloyne, Newcestown had five points to spare over Killeagh while Carrigtwohill and Na Piarsaigh played out a draw. 

Setanta beat St Eunan's in the Donegal Senior Hurling Championship by 2-13 to 0-10 Setanta, with both goals coming after the break.

In Waterford, Roanmore were far too strong for Clonea. 

Three first-half goals propelled them to a 3-06 to 0-05 interval lead and there was no easing off the gas.

A third goal followed a minute after the break, and while Clonea battled away throughout, they were very much second best, going down on a scoreline of 4-16 to 2-09.

Passage will join them in the quarter-finals, after a 1-18 to 0-17 victory over Tallow.

Setanta beat St Eunan's in the Donegal Senior Hurling Championship by 2-13 to 0-10 Setanta, with both goals coming after the break, while in Wicklow hurling, Éire Óg Greystones saw off the challenge of Avondale.


Cork SHC

Newtownshandrum 0-21 Bishopstown 1-15 

Carrigtwohill 1-17 Na Piarsaigh 1-17 

Newcestown 1-18 Killeagh 1-13 

Fermoy 0-15 Mallow 0-13 

Donegal SHC

St Eunan's 2-13 Setanta 0-10

Waterford SHC

Clonea 2-09 Roanmore 4-16

Passage 1-18 Tallow 0-17 

Wicklow SHC

Éire Óg Greystones 3-11 Avondale 2-10