Dublin 4-21 Cork 2-17

Dublin turned the tables on troubled Cork in quite sensational fashion at Croke Park, streaking to a 10-point victory to keep their Allianz Hurling League Division 1 title hopes on track. 

The result was a particularly sweet one for Dublin having leaked 34 points to their Munster rivals in the corresponding fixture at GAA HQ almost 12 ago to the day. 

Dubs manager Ger Cunningham, a Cork legend, was humbled back then but watched with pride as his side scored 3-06 without reply in a stunning first-half spell to all but seal victory at that early stage. 

The three first-half goals arrived in a blitzkrieg period between the 20th and 24th minutes with Eamonn Dillon, David Treacy and Sean McGrath all on the mark. 

Treacy finished as top scorer 1-07 with while speedy Dillon, who blasted 5-12 in the successful Walsh Cup campaign, added a second goal in the 48th minute and finished with 2-03. 

The result leaves Cork in deep trouble with no wins from three outings and just two group games to go while Dublin have two wins from three. 

Rebels manager Kieran Kingston made a whopping six changes to his team beforehand after previous losses to Waterford and Galway but still couldn't find the right mix. 

Half of those decisions were admittedly out of his hands with Colm Spillane (knee) and Aidan Walsh (broken nose) injured while veteran defender Shane O'Neill has exam commitments. 

Luke O'Farrell was one of the players to come in and scored great points early on as Cork moved 0-04 to 0-02 ahead after six minutes. 

But with David O'Callaghan on song and winning two frees, Treacy tapped both over and added two more from play to put the home side 0-06 to 0-04 up after 15 minutes. 

Dublin were on top now and rammed home their advantage with that incredible 3-06 scoring spree. 

Dillon sprinted away from Stephen McDonnell for their first goal after 20 minutes before turning provider for Treacy to do the same three minutes later. 

Cork were shell-shocked and leaked a third when McGrath was fed by Mark Schutte and heaper more misery on goalkeeper Anthony Nash. 

Dublin incredibly led by 12 at half-time having trailed by 13 at the same stage in last year's Round 3 fixture. 

Cork needed a serious improvement but didn't score a point from play until the 59th minute of the second-half, through sub Paul Haughney. 

Schutte and O'Callaghan kept the Dubs ticking over with points before the former played in Dillon for his second goal with an excellent hand pass into space. 

It put the 2011 league champions 4-14 to 0-11 ahead and they cruised home with points from Treacy and John McCaffrey, their 10th scorer of the game. 

There was slight consolation for Cork as Seamus Harnedy fired two injury-time goals to put some gloss on the scoreline. 

Dublin: C Dooley; E O'Donnell, C O'Callaghan, O Gough; S Barrett (0-02), L Rushe (0-01), J McCaffrey (0-01); D O'Connell, D Plunkett (0-01); S McGrath (1-00), N McMorrow (0-02), D Treacy (1-07, 0-4f); D O'Callaghan (0-01), M Schutte (0-02), E Dillon (2-03).

Subs: C Cronin for McGrath, J Boland for McCaffrey, S Treacy (0-01) for O'Callaghan, F MacGibb for D Treacy, J Madden for O'Callaghan.

Cork: A Nash; S McDonnell, K Burke, C Joyce; D Cahalane, M Ellis, C Murphy; D Kearney, B Lawton (0-01); B Cooper (0-01), S Harnedy (2-00), C Lehane (0-04); L O'Farrell (0-02), P Cronin, P Horgan (0-07, 0-07f).

Subs: L McLoughlin for Murphy, P Haughney (0-02, 0-1 65) for Kearney, S Murphy for McDonnell, P O'Sullivan for Cronin, W Leahy for Horgan.

Referee: A Kelly (Galway).