Bord na Móna O'Byrne Cup

Dublin and Kildare will meet in the O’Byrne Cup final after overcoming Louth and Offaly respectively. 

Dublin got off to the perfect start in Drogheda, with Bernard Brogan scoring a brace of goals in the first 12 minutes.

Emmett O’Conghaile and Paul Hudson also raised green flags before the half was over to give Dublin a 4-08 to 0-07 lead.

The men from the Wee County couldn’t manufacture a comeback and added just three points in the second half as Jim Gavin’s men cruised home on a scoreline of 4-15 to 0-10.

It was a much tighter affair in Tullamore, where Kildare booked their place in the final with a three-point win over Offaly, winning 1-12 to 1-09, in front of 3,475 spectators. 

Eoin Carroll’s goal put the hosts into an early lead but Kildare responded with a penalty from Mikey Conway - later sent off for two yellow cards - to leave the sides all-square at the break, 1-04 apiece.

The Lilywhites edged ahead in the second half, however, Niall McNamee could have sent the game into extra-time but the Rhode man sent his late penalty wide and Emmet McDonnell’s winning run came to an end.

The final will take place at Parnell Park next Saturday, throw-in 7pm.

FBD Connacht League

Leitrim are through to the Connacht League final after beating GMIT by a point in Cloone, 0-10 to 1-06.

The students led at the break, 1-03 to 0-05, but were outscored in the second half by five points to three.

Sligo will provide the opposition after beating Galway in Enniscrone.

A low-scoring contest saw the Tribesmen take a narrow lead into the break, 1-02 to 0-05.

But Sligo battled back and had two points to spare by the final whistle, 0-09 to 1-04.

Elsewhere, Sligo IT beat NUIG 0-15 to 0-13, while Mayo and Roscommon drew, 0-10 to 1-07. 

Power NI McKenna Cup

Tyrone and Monaghan will face off in the Dr McKenna Cup final.

Plunkett Kane’s goal on the stroke of half-time gave Tyrone a five-point lead, 1-05 to 0-03, against Fermanagh at the Athletic Grounds.

Mickey Harte’s men held their lead throughout the game and Mark Donnelly’s late goal put the icing on the cake as they ran out 2-09 to 0-07 winners.

Monaghan edged out Down in the other semi-final, also played at the Athletic Grounds.

Captain Conor McManus (1-07) led the way for the Farney County as the sides ended the first half all square.

And Monaghan shaded the second-half exchanges to run out two-point winners, 1-12 to 0-13.

McGrath Cup

In Munster, Kerry and Tipperary both advanced to the final of the McGrath Cup, but the two counties enjoyed very different paths to the decider.

Kerry recorded a facile 3-17 to 1-11 victory against Limerick at Fitzgerald Stadium in Killarney, while Tipperary required extra-time to edge out a tenacious Waterford side by 1-12 to 2-08 after extra-time.

The Kingdom raced into a commanding 2-07 to 0-06 half-time lead in Killarney, thanks to goals from Darran O’Sullivan and James O’Donoghue, while O’Donoghue also popped up after the interval with a goal as the hosts sauntered to a 12-point success.

The Premier County’s epic encounter with Waterford took some time to spark into life at Sean Treacy Park in Tipperary.

The hosts led by 0-04 to 0-03 at half-time, but an intense second period saw the match end all-square (Tipperary 0-10 1-07 Waterford).

Waterford made a bright start to extra-time, but Tipperary finished the stronger to prevail by the narrowest of margins.

As it happened/full results