Nemo Rangers claimed their 14th Munster Senior Club Football title this afternoon after a keenly-contested clash with Ballinacourty in wet and windy conditions at Fitzgerald Stadium.

A small attendance of 1,037 watched on in Killarney as Niall Geary led the charge for the Rangers.

The Waterford native plotted the downfall of his own county men who were hoping to become the first Deise side to win the Munster final.

The Cork champions came bursting out of the blocks and led by 1-07 to 0-01 at the interval, with James Masters living up to his name with five glorious points as the first-time finalists failed to click.

Nemo found the net after just six minutes when a shot from Paul Kerrigan was saved by the Ballinacourty goalkeeper but the ball came out to David Kearney who slotted home to give his side a 1-01 to 0-00 lead.

Protests from the Ballinacourty defence that there was a square ball infringement were not listened to as referee Rory Hickey and his umpires were in agreement that this was a legitimate score and the green flag was raised.

Ballinacourty's lone score of the first half came after 17 minutes when corner forward Declan Fives slotted over the bar. The Waterford senior panellist was certainly trying his utmost to keep his side in touch throughout the game.

Nine points may have separated the sides at the interval but Ballinacourty had been playing against the wind in the opening half and once they emerged on the restart with the elements at their backs, they played a better brand of football. They held Nemo to just three points in the final half-hour.

Kerrigan, with two points, and a point from Ricky Kenny were Nemo's only scores in the second half as the Rangers had to play a strong defensive game.

The Corkmen came under huge pressure from a reawakened Ballinacourty attack, who just short as Nemo's greater experience ensured they held on for another Munster success.

Nemo Rangers: B Morgan; B O'Regan, D Kavanagh, N Geary; M Daly, M Cronin, G S ; P Morgan, M McCarthy; R Kenny (0-01), D Meighan, A Cronin (0-01); D Kearney (1-00), J Masters (0-05, 1f, 1 45), P Kerrigan (0-03, 2f).

Subs used: B Twomey for D Kearney (31 mins), G Murphy for G S (47), B O'Driscoll for R Kenny (51), D Breen for M Daly (52).

Ballinacourty: S Enright; J Mullen, J Kindergan, G Breen; S Briggs, J Hurney, R Foley (0-01); S O'Hare (0-01), P Lynch; M Fives (0-1), L Hurney, J Phelan; G Hurney (1-01), P Hurney, D Fives (0-03, 2f, 1 45).

Subs used: M Ferncombe for B O'Regan (47 mins), M Gorman for R Foley (56).

Referee: Rory Hickey (Clare).