Alberto Contador has warned Team Sky and Chris Froome ahead of the forthcoming Tour de France: "I've no intention of being a conformist in this race".
Contador is seen as one of the main threats to Froome's challenge to win his first Tour, which gets under way on June 29 in Corsica.
The controversial Spaniard did not compete in the race last year due to a two-year suspension for testing positive for a banned substance and is keen to make up for lost time.
"I do want to be one of the people who make it an interesting, spectacular race," the Saxo Bank-Tinkoff rider told the Independent.
"Compared to the last time I did the Tour (in 2011) I'm starting it feeling more rested, very, very motivated, with the route checked out much more thoroughly and with a team that is way stronger.
"I've no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest."
Team Sky dominated the Tour 12 months ago, with Bradley Wiggins triumphing by over three minutes ahead of closest rival and team-mate Froome.
The Kenyan-born Briton will take the mantle as Team Sky's leader this year and Contador, winner of the Tour in 2007 and 2009, is in no doubt that he will be his closest rival.
"(Froome is the) most dangerous contender for the 2013 Tour. He's going to be the one to beat," said 30-year-old Contador.
"He's had an incredible season, he's won nearly every race he's taken part in and he's got an amazingly strong team.
"The route, too, suits him better than in 2012, as it does everybody who's looking for an open, unpredictable race. Last year there was so much time trialling the race became shut down. This year that's not the case."