Relationship Advice with Ray & Allison
Our relationship experts are back, Allison Keating psychologist and Ray O’Neill, psychoanalyst are in studio this afternoon to answer all the listeners' relationship queries and questions.
Tips for Surviving Christmas
1. Do something this Christmas that is generous for you, not for family, in-laws,
2. If there is some gift you can afford, then don’t depend on Santa, be your own elf. Honour your own value and worth, by having something you would actually like in your stocking.
3. Don’t waste money or energy buying gifts and abetting consumerist nonsense for people who don’t appreciate or reciprocate.
4. No matter how difficult your Christmas may be, there is always someone not too far away having it worse. If you can’t find a way to make it less difficult for yourself, at least find a way to make it less difficult for them.
5. In all the insanity and pressure to be having fun, find some time and space to be still, to be present. This is the most needed present.
6. Sometimes the best New Year’s resolution is not repeating patterns of overpriced nights out drinking yourself into unconsciousness to convince yourself and others just how happy you are.
7. It is better to make one resolution you will commit to than a list that disappoints.
8. Reflect on and write down one thing from 2019 you would like to celebrate, one to change and one to be rid of. Make sure in twelve month’s times you are not writing the exact same list.