(1) The competition is open to people born or resident in Ireland.
(2) Only one entry per person is allowed.
(3) Entries, in Irish or English, must be the original work of the author and must not have been previously published or broadcast.
(4) Entries should be written in the knowledge that each of the short-listed stories will be read on air.
(5) Stories must be between 1,800 and 2,000 words in length. Stories outside this word range will not be considered.
(6) Entries should be double-spaced and typewritten on one side only of A4 paper.
(7) The author’s name should only appear on the accompanying entry form.
(8) The author is advised to retain a copy of his/her entry as RTÉ cannot return scripts.
(9) Entries will be accepted from Monday 2nd February 2015 until Friday 1st May 2015. The winners will be announced in Autumn 2015.
(10)The decision of the judges is final and RTÉ cannot enter into correspondence concerning the judging or merits of any entry.
(11)Each submission should be sent/deliver in an A4 envelope and accompanied by an completed entry form to:
RTÉ RADIO 1 SHORT STORY COMPETITION
RTÉ RADIO CENTRE,