RTÉ RADIO 1 SHORT STORY COMPETITION IN HONOUR OF FRANCIS MACMANUS 2018
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The competition is open to people over 18 years of age who are Irish, or resident in Ireland.
2. Only one entry per person is allowed.
3. Entries, in Irish or English, must be the original work of the author. Entries must not be under consideration elsewhere, and must not have been previously broadcast or published (including online).
4. Stories must be between 1,800 and 2,000 words in length. Please indicate word length under the title.
5. Entries should be written in the knowledge that each of the shortlisted stories will be read on air. It is therefore advisable to avoid excessive use of strong language.
6. Please do not quote from copyrighted material: e.g., song lyrics, literature, poetry, scripts.
7 Entries may be submitted by post only, and must be accompanied by a competition entry form. You can phone 01-2083277 or email email@example.com with your name, phone number and postal address, and request to be sent a printed entry form.
8. Each entry should be typed, double-spaced on one side only of A4 paper, with pages numbered, and each page ending on a full stop. The author is advised to retain a copy of their entry, as RTÉ cannot return scripts.
9. The author’s name and contact details should only appear on the accompanying postal entry form.
10. Entries will be accepted by post until the competition closing date, Friday 8 June, 2018. The shortlist and winners will be announced by the end of September 2018.
11. The writer of the top three winning stories will receive prizes of 3000, 2000 and 1000 euro respectively, and will be broadcast in the autumn on RTÉ Radio 1, along with a further shortlist of seven stories, whose writers will each receive a runner-up prize of 300 euro.
12 By submitting an entry for the competition, the Author hereby acknowledges and agrees that the winning entries and any other shortlisted entry will be read out and reproduced and broadcast (in whole or in part) on RTÉ’s radio services and via the RTÉ website and on-line services (including RTÉ Radio Player) as well as featured in an RTÉ podcast available for download.
13.The Author also acknowledges that the winning entries may also be used by RTÉ for publicity purposes around the competition and published in full or as an extract in print or online (including without limitation RTÉ Guide, RTÉ website and other third party platforms). Entry to the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms. If an entry makes the top 10 shortlist, then the Author will be asked to sign a contract and RTÉ will not broadcast the entry until that contract has been executed by both the Author and RTÉ.
14. The judges’ decision is final. RTÉ will not enter into correspondence concerning any entry. RTÉ will not acknowledge receipt of entries and does not accept any responsibility for late, lost or damaged entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
15. Entrants must provide their name, email address, telephone number and postal address. RTÉ will only ever use personal details for the purposes of the competition.
16.Employees of RTÉ are not eligible to enter the competition.
17. Postal submission should be sent in an A4 envelope, accompanied by an entry form to:
RTÉ RADIO 1 SHORT STORY COMPETITION IN HONOUR OF FRANCIS MACMANUS,
RTÉ RADIO CENTRE,