A young girl riding on a motorcycle with her father in New Delhi has died after she got caught in a glass-coated kite string, the second such incident in a week.
Kite flying is a popular sport in India, but has turned deadly in recent years, with people using strings coated in metal or glass to try to cut down competitors' kites.
The number of deaths and injuries jumps around Independence Day on 15 August when many people fly kites.
In the latest incident yesterday, the four-year-old girl was travelling to a temple in India's capital with her father when she was cut by the string, the Times of India reported doctors as saying.
A 28-year-old engineer died on Independence Day in a similiar incident while he was riding his motorbike, also in Delhi, media reports said.
A three-year-old boy was reportedly electrocuted after his kite string - believed to be wet and coated with metal - came into contact with an electric wire in the city.
Last month, a three-year-old died when her uncle crashed his motorcycle after becoming entangled in a kite string.
Authorities and animal rights activists say birds have also been maimed or killed by the strings, known locally as manjha.
The Delhi government three years ago issue an immediate ban on the production, sale and storage of strings modified to be razor-sharp, after a spate of deaths.
The government said anyone caught with the strings faced a five-year jail term and a 100,000-rupee (€1,250) fine.
But several neighbourhoods in and around New Delhi continue to sell such strings, despite the ban.