The number of people arriving in Ireland from Ukraine has reached 35,670, an increase of 2,500 in two weeks.

This is the number of Personal Public Service numbers (PPSNs) issued to individuals who have fled the war up to 5 June last.

Among the arrivals, 92% or 32,969 individuals could be mapped to a local post office address, through which they were seeking assistance from the Department of Social Protection.

Women aged over 20 account for 48% of arrivals, while children and teenagers aged up to 19 account for 37% of all arrivals, a slight fall of 1% on figures released two weeks ago.

The highest percentage of those arriving (42% or 14,929 individuals) were categorised as one parent families. Many of these are mothers whose partners have stayed in Ukraine.

As of last Tuesday, 7 June, there were 6,824 Ukrainian children enrolled in schools, the vast bulk of them - 70% - of primary school age, with the remaining 30% in secondary schools.

Dublin has the highest number of school enrolments with 1,194, while Monaghan has the lowest at 21.

The average waiting time between the allocation of a PPSN to enrolment in school is just over two weeks.

Analysis of arrivals also shows that Ukrainians are present in all local electoral areas across the country.

North Inner city Dublin has the highest number at 1,304, with the local electoral area of North Clare still the highest number outside the Dublin area at 1,165.