A group of asylum seeker parents have welcomed news that a bus will be provided to ensure that their children can continue attending their primary school.
The Department of Education has confirmed to RTÉ News this afternoon that a bus service has been approved for the children.
The bus service will start operating from Monday, a spokesperson said.
The families, some of whom are refugees from the war in Syria, used to live at a Direct Provision centre in Dublin city centre.
However, in July they were moved to another centre, which is 12km away. They did not want to move, and did not want their children to have to leave the school that they know and love.
Earlier this week they told RTÉ News that they had been assured - prior to moving - that a dedicated school bus service would be provided so that their children could continue attending Scoil Chaitríona primary school on Dublin's Baggot Streeet.
However no bus was in place by yesterday when the school reopened, and there was no indication that one would be made available after all.
However this afternoon, parents and the school received word that a bus service has now been approved.
Parents have told RTÉ News that they are delighted with the news.
Speaking on behalf of parents one mother, Mavis, said they were grateful for all the support they had received.
"We are very happy, truly speaking, that our children will be able to get to and from their school safely," she said.
"Psychologically, mentally, their school is helping them cope with all the challenges they are facing."