16 Irish sports stars are making a rallying call to Unite by Staying Apart.
They are supporting, in a new video campaign, national efforts to combat Covid-19.
The rousing message to people is to come together and adhere to Government and Health Service Executive guidelines on staying at home and social distancing, as part of efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus in communities.
The sports stars also pay tribute to medical practitioners, doctors and nurses on the frontline, describing them as the real heroes of our time.
The 16 athletes featured in the video are:
- Bernard Brogan (All-Ireland football winner with Dublin)
- Joe Canning (All-Ireland hurling winner with Galway)
- Seamus Coleman (Irish football captain)
- Colm Cooper (All-Ireland football winner with Kerry)
- Pádraig Harrington (2020 Ryder Cup captain & three-time Major winner)
- Robbie Keane (former Irish football captain)
- Shane Lowry (The 2019 Open Champion)
- Kate McCabe (Irish women's football captain)
- Paul McGrath (former Irish footballer)
- Katie Mullan (Irish women's hockey captain)
- Annalise Murphy (Irish Olympic athlete)
- Paul O'Connell (former Irish rugby captain)
- Brian O'Driscoll (former Irish rugby captain)
- Peter O'Mahony (Munster captain & Irish rugby player)
- Derval O'Rourke (former Irish Olympic athlete)
- Henry Shefflin (All-Ireland hurling winner with Kilkenny)