A march has taken place in west Belfast to mark the 50th anniversary of the deaths of ten innocent people who were shot and killed in Ballymurphy, in the wake of a British Army operation.

Earlier this year, a Belfast coroner concluded that all ten of the Ballymurphy victims were "entirely innocent" and that their killings were unjustified.

Tomorrow will mark 50 years since the beginning of what has become known as the "Ballymurphy Massacre".

It took place over three days immediately after the introduction of internment without trial in Northern Ireland.

Today, the families of the Ballymurphy victims were joined on their "march for truth" by a number of victims groups relating to other people who were killed during The Troubles.

The groups were also present to demonstrate their opposition to plans from the British Government to deal with legacy issues relating to The Troubles, including the proposed introduction of a ban on prosecutions from that period.

John Teggart, whose father Daniel Teggart was shot and killed in Ballymurphy in 1971, said that "victims from all over are uniting today and are united with one voice" in opposition to the proposals.

"There are families here affected by the British state forces, there are families here affected by loyalist paramilitaries, and there are families affected by republican paramilitaries. It's cross-community and we are united in one voice," he said.

Mr Teggart said that a lot of the other families had hoped to follow in the Ballymurphy families' footsteps.

"We are saying (to the British government) you will not bring in these new proposals, you will not stop the inquests going forward, and you will not stop any civil or legal avenues we have ahead of us. You will not stop it.

"We are united and we will continue to fight," he said.

Bobby Clarke was the first person to be shot at Ballymurphy 50 years ago. He survived and now is in his 80s. He was present with the victims' families before the march began. Mr Clarke said that he is also against an amnesty on prosecutions.

"I don't want anybody crucified, but at least admit their guilt, that's it," he said.

Alan McBride's wife Sharon was killed in the IRA bombing on the Shankill Road in Belfast in 1993. She was just 29 years old at the time.

He said that he attended today's march in solidarity and support of the Ballymurphy families but also to oppose what he called the "cruel and dehumanizing" proposals in relation to legacy.

Mr McBride agreed that all families are united in opposition of the proposals however he said there is still some division across communities when it comes to victims and survivors' issues.

"I long for the day when we can have a march when all communities will be represented, Shankill families, families from Ballymurphy, Bloody Sunday. A bit of that is happening today but there could be so much more happening," he said.

"We have to start somewhere and I think it's whenever we start to speak with one voice that the Government will be forced to listen."

John Kelly's brother Michael was killed on Bloody Sunday.

He said that victims' families will "never give up" and will "continue on the campaign for truth and justice for our loved ones".