From a beautiful tribute to Christy Dignam Senio, to a special 80th birthday celebration - here are 5 positive things happening now.
1. A poignant tribute to frontline workers and the father of one of Ireland's most popular singers. This version of Aslan's 'Crazy World' was recorded by Ballina band, Billow Wood, with help from a number of other Mayo musicians. Christy Dignam's father, Christy Senior, died last week after contracting Covid-19.
2. Members of Special Olympics Ireland have been keeping busy while self-isolating with these outdoor obstacle courses. Athletes were asked by their organisation to send in videos of them practising their skills while in lockdown.
3. Nurses from Our Lady’s Hospice Palliative Care Unit in Dublin took a quick break from their frontline duties to do a viral TikTok dance routine.
4. The Metropolitan School of Dance in Dublin have kept on dancing through lockdown. Dance teacher Rebecca O’Brien Taylor held ballet classes for more than 250 students aged 3-25 over Zoom at the weekend.
5. Finally, John O’Mahony from Youghal, Co Cork, organised an 80th birthday to remember for his father Paddy. Family members drove past Paddy’s house beeping their horns and shouting happy birthday to him from their cars.