Three French infants die after germs found in IV dripsMonday 06 January 2014 11.45
Authorities in France have recalled a batch of nutrient bags used to feed infants after three babies died from bacterial contamination.
The deaths occurred last month at a hospital in Chambery in southeastern France.
The bags were used to feed babies intravenously in the hospital's neonatal intensive care ward.
Parents heard that analysis of several unused bags found they were contaminated with bacteria.
The parents of the dead babies have filed manslaughter complaints against the hospital.
French Health Minister Marisol Touraine said all the IV bags have been removed from Chambery Hospital as well as from other hospitals where they were stocked.