PSNI investigating sword attack in Belfast

Sunday 08 September 2013 18.55
The PSNI said a 35-year-old man was treated in hospital but was later released
The PSNI said a 35-year-old man was treated in hospital but was later released

A man has been attacked with a sword and a knife during an aggravated burglary in his home in Northern Ireland.

Two suspects, aged 26 and 28, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following the incident in the Alliance Court area of Belfast in the early hours of the morning.

The PSNI said a 35-year-old man was treated in hospital but was later released.

His injuries were described as superficial.

Detective Chief Inspector Alan Little appealed for anyone with information to contact Tennent Street Police Station or Crimestoppers.

Police were called to the scene at about 2.50am amid reports a man had been injured after two men entered his house, one armed with a sword and one armed with a knife.

The two men fled the scene in a silver van in the direction of Ligoniel.