Gardaí are investigating the deaths of a father and his two children in Co Sligo.
The 52-year-old man, his 12-year-old daughter and nine-year-old son were found dead last night at the family home in Moygara, near Gurteen.
They have been named locally as Trevor Wallwork, his daughter Kim and son Henry.
They were originally from Lancashire in England and came to Moygara five or six years ago.
The man was found sitting in a chair in front of the television and the two children were on the floor. Two dogs were also found dead in the house.
The man's wife was not in the house last night as she is ill in hospital.
Post mortem examinations were conducted on the bodies at Sligo General Hospital by Deputy State Pathologist Dr Michael Curtis this evening.
Gardaí say it is a terrible tragedy and it appears the family died as a result of carbon monoxide inhalation.
However, gardaí say toxicology tests could take a number of weeks to complete.
A forensic examination has also taken place at the family home.
Local people have expressed shock and sadness at the deaths.