The Travel Media Awards 2018 took place today at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin's City Centre this afternoon and we have the full list of winners.
Since launching in 2011, the annual ceremony has become an important event on the Irish travel calendar as they are the only awards that ask members of the media to vote for their favourite travel companies.
This year’s ceremony was especially exciting as they included new categories such as Best Luxury Hotel Group, Best Themepark and Best Breakout Irish Travel Writer.
Fionn Davenport and Deirdre Mullins MC'd the prestigious event which revealed the best budget hotel group, short-haul airline, online travel agent and much more.
The full winners are as follows:
- Best Short Haul Airline – Aer Lingus
- Best Long Haul Airline Flying West – Aer Lingus
- Best Long Haul Airline Flying East – Emirates
- Best Airport Lounge (Worldwide) – Turkish Airlines, Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Best Luxury Hotel Group – Hastings Hotel
- Best Budget Hotel Group – Clayton Hotels
- Best Spa & Leisure Offering – Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
- Best Cruise Company – Royal Caribbean International
- Best Ferry Company – Stena Line
- Best Canal or River Cruise Company – Uniworld Boutique River Cruises
- Best Car Hire Company – Hertz
- Best Tour Operator – Sunway
- Best Online Travel Agent – GoHop
- Best Ski Operator – Crystal Ski Holidays
- Best Travel Insurance Provider – Blue Insurance
- Best City or Short Break Destination – London
- Best Destination Representative – Tryphavana Cross
- Best Theme Park (Worldwide) – Universal Orlando Resort
- Best Tourist Board or CVB – Spanish Tourism Office
- Best Use of Social Media by a Travel Company Operating in the Irish Market – Tour America
- Best Instagram Account by an Irish Travel Writer or Blogger – Tara Povey
- Best Breakout Irish Travel Writer – Sarah Gascott, Taste.ie
- Best Irish Travel Blog – Tom Sweeney’s Travels
- Pleasure to Work With 2018 – Tom Travers, Hotel Beacon NYC
- Amadeus Innovator Award – Richard Burgess, APG
- Shannon Airport Lifetime Achievement Award – Alan Sparling, ASM Ireland