Makes 1 ring
- 250g plain or strong flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 40gg milk
- 1 packs fast action yeast
- 110g whole eggs
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 6g salt
- Extra cold diced butter, soft brown sugar and crème Fraiche for topping
- 200ml cream
- 100g crème fraiche
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, dried yeast, eggs to a mixer with a dough hook.
- Warm the milk to just above hand temperature and add to the bowl, mix at a high speed for 10mins until a sticky dough forms/
- Add the soft butter to the mixer. Once all the butter is incorporated, mix for another 10 minutes on medium speed until a smooth, shiny dough is achieved.
- Shape and place in a greased bowl wrapped in clingfilm, until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough by pressing it lightly with your hands.. Prove in a tart case/ring lined with tinfoil and heavily greased with soft butter.
- Flatten the dough into all corners of the tart case. Cover with a tea towel and leave somewhere warm to double in size.
- Once doubled in size, and dome like in shape, poke holes into the dough with your finger, put diced butter in the holes, drizzle generously crème fraiche and top with generous amounts of soft brown sugar.
- Bake at 185 °C for 20 minutes
- Add the cream to a bowl with the icing sugar and creme fraiche.
- Season with lime, orange, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Using a whisk, whisk until heavy peaks are formed, then fold in the crème fraiche
- Serve with the warm brioche and a cup of tea.