- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- 4 tablespoons each of light soy sauce, clear honey and white wine vinegar
- 200g long-grain or jasmine rice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- Small bunch mint leaves
- Mix the soy sauce, honey and vinegar together in a non metallic bowl. Set aside half for your dipping sauce. Add the trout fillets to the remainder and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high, place the trout fillets and marinade on a sheet of tin foil (turn it up at the edges to keep in the juices) and grill for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the trout is cooked through.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the rice with peas and cucumber for a couple of minutes, until the peas have completely defrosted. Then stir through the mint leaves.
- Divide the rice between four plates. Place the trout on top of the rice and serve with the reserved marinade as a dipping sauce along with a green salad or steamed pak choi.