The perfect soup for Halloween.
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1-2 Tbsp. of butter or oil (optional)
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (can)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh coriander & yogurt/crème fraiche to serve
- Heat a saucepan, add butter or oil, pumpkin, sweet potato, onion, chilli, garlic, ginger, curry powder & splash of vegetable stock, steam fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Cook until soft about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, blend with a hand blender until creamy & smooth.
- Serve with 2 tsp yogurt/crème fraiche and fresh coriander (or spring onions) on top.
Chef Jeeny Tips: You can replace the pumpkin with butternut squash and the sweet potato for just potatoes, it will still be creamy and delicious. Also, for a non-dairy option you can omit any dairy products for plant based substitutions, easy to prepare and great for this time of the year.