- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme, dried or finely chopped
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 250g basmati rice, rinsed well
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, mashed or blitzed till smooth
- 500g stock or water
- Salt & black pepper
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion, celery and pepper. Sautée for 5 minutes till soft.
- Add the paprika and herbs. Stir well then add the chicken and chorizo. Increase the heat to help render the fat (and flavour) from the chorizo.
- Keep stirring so it doesn't stick then add the rice and stir well to coat the rice in all of the spices. Add the tomato and water or stock. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer. Place the lid on and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes till the rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Taste for seasoning and ladle into bowls. Scatter with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.