A fresh and nourishing take on a classic omelette.
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 5 free range eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbs butter
- 6 baby plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 lg mixed olives, torn in half (looks better)
- Half a red onion , peeled and thinly sliced
- One third of a cucumber , peeled and diced
- 100g feta cheese
- Some fresh mint
- Set the oven to 180 degrees.
- Stir the smoked paprika and honey into the olive oil and set aside.
- Prepare all the vegetables and have them ready.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Season the eggs and add them to the pan over a medium-high heat.
- Stir and scrape the eggs around the pan with a spatula for two minutes then pat them down and allow the bottom to set while you place the salad ingredients on top.
- Working quickly crumble over the feta cheese, then drizzle over the smoked paprika oil.
- Put in the oven for one minute to warm everything through, I want to keep the eggs soft and silky.
- Serve in the pan with a scattering of the fresh mint on top.