Quick and easy, and full of flavour, this chicken udon stir-fry will become a weekly staple.
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 chicken filets, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ½ courgette, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tender stem broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli jam
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ lime juice
- Preheat the wok to medium / high heat.
- Cook the Udon noodles in a saucepan of simmering salted water and keep aside until needed. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes until coloured.
- Add the chopped and sliced vegetables except of the lime (shallots, courgette, red pepper, carrot, garlic, ginger, broccoli, and spring onion). Stir fry for 2-3 minutes over high heat, stirring once or twice to ensure all the vegetables are stir-frying.
- Add the sweet chilli jam, soy sauce and rice vinegar and again toss to coat all the vegetables and chicken. Place a lid over the wok and cook for a further 2 minutes until the vegetables starts to just soften.
- Turn off the heat and add the Udon noodles. Toss to coat the noodles in the sauce and serve immediately with a squeeze of lime.