This fresh and satisfying salad by Paul Flynn will hit the spot.
- 8 baby potatoes, cooked and peeled and halved
- 200ml apple juice
- 80g butter, diced
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 100g broad beans (petit pois if you can't get them)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped dill
- Salt and black pepper
- Half a Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 100g smoked salmon
- Bring the apple juice up to a simmer then whisk in the butter followed by the horseradish and keep in a warm place.
- Pod the broad beans and cook them for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain then plunge into iced water to keep their colour, drain once more when cold.
- When ready to serve , warm the potatoes gently in the apple and horseradish butter then add the broad beans and dill then season.
- Spoon the potato mixture into warm bowls then scatter with the apple.
- Lay slices of smoked salmon over the warm salad then serve.