- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 4 tbsp. fresh coriander/ flat leaves parsley
- 50g butter
- 500g peeled uncooked king prawn tails
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 caster sugar
- ½ Cucumber, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
- 80g Rocket leaves washed to serve
- Fresh crusty bread to serve
- Preheat the barbecue or pizza oven to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, put the chilli, lemon zest, garlic, butter, half coriander together. Combine until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the prawns and oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the cast iron pan then, add the prawns and the butter. place in the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked through and the butter is foaming and bubbling.
- Remove the prawns from the oven and squeeze over the juice of lemon. Sprinkle with coriander and add extra leftover of butter mixture.
- In the meantime, prepare a salad to serve. In a saucepan, place the vinegar, water and sugar and bring to simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Place the cucumber and shallots in the pickling liquid and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, the cherry tomatoes, pickled cucumber and pickled shallot and rocket leaves and some pickle juice to season. Drizzle some oil and toss to combine.
- Serve the prawns with the salad and some fresh bread.
Tip: If using a barbecue, using a cast iron pan or directly on the barbecue ridge, cook the prawns for 2-4 minutes.