BBQ pulled pork is a thing of beauty and can be used in so many ways – as a burger, as a filling for a jacket potato or piled high on top of fries for a loaded feast! However, making it from scratch can take some time and when time is of the essence but you need pulled pork... we reinvented it and created a little timesaving hack! Okay, okay, I know it's not exactly the same but it does the feckin’ trick. Once you know the hack, you can
make masso sambos with it, like the one below!
- 1 packet of sliced ham
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
That’s literally it!
For the masso cheese toastie:
- Light butter or low-calorie spray oil
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- Whatever cheese you fancy, grated
- Empty the pack of ham onto a chopping board and, using a sharp knife, slice it up as finely as you can.
- Heat a pan on the hob and throw in the ham. Add the BBQ sauce and mix it through well. Then it's ready!
- Butter two slices of bread on one side or spray with some oil. Heat a pan and place one slice of the bread in, buttered side down.
- Add a sprinkle or a handful of cheese, whatever you’re into. Add some faux pork and then the other slice of
- bread on top (buttered side out).
- Flip after 2–3 minutes and repeat on the other side until the cheese is all melty and delicious.
The Daly Dish is published by Gill Books, priced at €21.99.