Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Serves 4 - 6
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3.5 hours
- 6 large Maris piper potatoes, peeled
- 15g cornflour
- 300g melted butter
- Oil for shallow frying
- Large handful parsley,
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 20ml spicy olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 110C
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper, or a cake insert
- Finely slice your potatoes approx. 1mm thick, you can use a knife or a mandolin.
- Coat the potatoes in cornflour and melted butter, season with salt
- Layer the potatoes neatly in the loaf tin, until it is full
- Cover the top of the loaf tin with a sheet of parchment and place in the oven for 3 hours. Place in the fridge overnight, under a weight to compress, and chill.
- Turn out the loaf and remove the paper, cut into a shape of your choice
- Heat a pot over medium heat with the oil, it needs to be approx. 200c.
- Cook the potatoes till golden brown
- Season with salt and serve.
- To make the chimichurri, chop the parsley finely, and mix with the oil and vinegar. Season with diced chilli, salt, garlic and oregano. Dip the crispy potatoes in this.