Makes 10 sambos
- 225g soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon zest
- 100g icing sugar
- 140g cornflour
- 40g custard powder
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 200g soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
- dash vanilla
- 20 raspberries
- 100g raspberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- For the biscuits, in a mixing bowl, cream the butter, vanilla, lemon zest and icing sugar together until light, soft and creamy.
- Sieve the flour, cornflour, custard powder and salt and add to the butter mixture. Mix.
- Once combined, turn the mix out onto a floured work surface and divide into 20 and roll into balls.
- Place 10 cookies on each tray and dip a fork into flour and press down the top of each biscuit to leave a fork mark.
- At this point you can chill the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Once rested, place into the centre of a preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Once baked remove and allow to cool completely.
- As the cookies are cooling, you can make the raspberry buttercream filling. In a bowl add the butter, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Cream for 5 minutes until soft and creamy, At this point add the fresh raspberries and mix well.
- Pop this buttercream into a piping bag.
- Turn 10 biscuits upside down so the base is facing you and pipe on a circle of buttercream, leaving space in the middle.
- Into this space, spoon in some raspberry jam and sandwich with the other biscuit.Dust with icing sugar and enjoy