Rich and luscious, this buttered asparagus and egg dish would make the perfect addition to your brunch spread.
- 3 free range eggs
- 2 tbs cream
- 1 tsp malt or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- A good knob of butter
- 100mls water
- Put the eggs into a pot of boiling water and cook for precisely six minutes.
- Remove from the pot and run under cold water to cool down as quickly as possible.
- Peel the eggs, then crush them with a fork and add the cream, vinegar, chives and seasoning.
- Put the asparagus in a pan and add the butter and water.
- Season, cover tightly then turn the heat on full.
- Cook the asparagus for three minutes or so until the water has evaporated and you start to hear sizzling. Then they are ready.
- Serve straight away with the egg dressing and brown bread soldiers.