These buttered tomatoes with elderflower and crab is an elegant lunch or starter.
- 100g butter
- 250g punnet of mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbs elderflower cordial
- 100g white Crabmeat, picked
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of decent bread for toasting
- Melt your butter, when bubbling gently add your tomatoes and chilli.
- Cook for two minutes until the tomatoes start to soften then add the elderflower, crab and chives.
- Season, toast the toast and serve the mixture on top. This would also be lovely with brown bread.