Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150g butter
- 10g parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 200ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 200g dried breadcrumbs
- Start by making the butter: add the garlic, butter, parmesan, parsley into a bowl and mix together, season with salt and set aside, place in a plastic sandwich bag or piping bag.
- Prep the chicken by removing the inner fillet, make an incision along the side of the breast. Don't go through the other side, or to the ends of the breast. You should have a hollow pocket.
- Fill the pocket with the garlic butter, brush the flaps with some egg, and chill the breasts in the fridge.
- Place the breasts in the seasoned flour, followed by the egg wash, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the process again to create a thick layer of breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the breasts in plain oil for 5-6 minutes on each side, the oil should not be too hot, allow it to get golden brown all over. If unsure of the cooking, cook for a further 5mins in a 180c oven.