This is a delicious dish that makes the most of the season's produce, perfect for spring.
- 4 pork chops on the bone if possible
- 4 medium potatoes (roosters), cut into half cm slices, skin on
- 4 small red onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2 pears quartered and deseeded
- 10 sage leaves
- 75mls olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 150g gorgonzola
- Set the oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the chops, potatoes, onions, pears and sage leaves on a roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, then season. Scrunch together so the oil coats everything.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes turning once or twice.
- Add the maple syrup and the vinegar, then pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes until everything is caramelised and golden.
- Divide onto four warm plates with a piece of melting gorgonzola on each for a creamy kick.